- Cooking Time: 30 to 40
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 T. melted butter
- 1/2 c. dark corn syrup
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 c. pecan pieces
- 1 to 2 T. bourbon
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shell, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar and melted butter.
- Add the corn syrup, eggs, pecans and bourbon and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into an unbaked pie shell.
- Place on a heavy-duty cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 min.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350
- Continue to bake for an additional 30 to 40 min. or until pie is set
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
NotesI have four pecan trees in my yard so I am always on the look out for recipes to utilize this nut. This came from Paula Dean, I tweaked it to fit my family's taste.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More