- Cooking Time: 30 to 40
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryI have four pecan trees in my yard so I am always on the look out for recipes to utilize this nut. This came from Paula Dean, I tweaked it to fit my family's taste.
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 T. melted butter
- 1/2 c. dark corn syrup
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 c. pecan pieces
- 1 to 2 T. bourbon
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shell, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar and melted butter.
- Add the corn syrup, eggs, pecans and bourbon and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into an unbaked pie shell.
- Place on a heavy-duty cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 min.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350
- Continue to bake for an additional 30 to 40 min. or until pie is set
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Castello Cheese: Unlock Your Inner Chef (Inspired by Burnt, the Film)
Taste of CenturyLink
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More