- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 heaping Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl, making sure to get rid of any cocoa lumps with the back of your spoon.
- Add dry ingredients to a sauce pan with the milk.
- Cook over medium heat until it boils (stirring constantly).
- Remove from heat, add vanilla, and stir.
NotesA real breakfast staple in our family growing up, my family has been serving chocolate gravy for generations - at least 6.
Chocolate gravy goes great with a more traditional breakfast of eggs, biscuits, and bacon/sausage. The following recipe is my great-grandmother's recipe, unaltered, although I make sure to use *good* high-quality cocoa.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More