- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 heaping Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl, making sure to get rid of any cocoa lumps with the back of your spoon.
- Add dry ingredients to a sauce pan with the milk.
- Cook over medium heat until it boils (stirring constantly).
- Remove from heat, add vanilla, and stir.
NotesA real breakfast staple in our family growing up, my family has been serving chocolate gravy for generations - at least 6.
Chocolate gravy goes great with a more traditional breakfast of eggs, biscuits, and bacon/sausage. The following recipe is my great-grandmother's recipe, unaltered, although I make sure to use *good* high-quality cocoa.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More