- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- * 8 cup cubed corn bread or packaged corn bread stuffing mix
- * 4 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- * 2 item medium-size onions, chopped (about 2 cups)
- * 3 item medium-size celery ribs, chopped fine or sliced
- * 1 item small green bell pepper, seeded, diced
- * 1 item small red or orange bell pepper, diced
- * 1 tablespoon rubbed (dry crumbled) sage
- * 2 teaspoon dried thyme or
- * 2 tablespoon fresh Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- * 1-2 cup defatted turkey or chicken broth, depending on desired moistness
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place corn bread in large bowl.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add
- onions, celery and both bell peppers. Cook, stirring,
- until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Add to corn
- bread. Toss until well combined. Stir in broth until
- stuffing is lightly moist but not packed together. Turn
- into a large, shallow buttered baking dish. Bake,
- uncovered, until top is crusty and dressing is heated
- through, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve warm.
- Use olive oil instead of a stick (or two) of butter to sauté seasonings, such as onion, celery, bell pepper and mushrooms. Choose canned low-fat chicken or turkey broth to moisten the dressing. Bake in a casserole dish or pan instead of inside the bird so it doesn’t absorb the melting turkey fat. Drop 101 calories per serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More