- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising corn meal
- 2 medium eggs
- 2/3 cups oil
- 8 oz heavy cream or milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup canned creamed corn
- 2 tablespoon chopped white onion
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Beat eggs, add in oil, milk, lemon juice and canned corn. Mix really well to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Add in corn meal slowly to mixture. Stirring constantly.
- Spray large cast-iron skillet with vegetable oil spray or add 1 tablespoon oil and spread over entire cooking surface of the skillet. Preheat skillet.
- Pour in batter to fill skillet to half. Bake for about 20 minutes or until light golden brown and center springs back.
- This recipe makes two skillets or 27 cornsticks.
- *add 1/2 cup mexicorn and 1 chopped jalapeno (without seeds) for a spicier rendition.
- *exchange cream/milk and lemon juice for 8ozs buttermilk for a different tang.
NotesYUM!! I know, I know...
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Playdough using cream of tartar
Frozen Lemonade Pie
Jams and MarmaladesSee More