- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Mamaw's Cornbread Dressing:
- 1 recipe of Cornbread (make 8x8 pan)
- 6 biscuits (bisquick)
- 2 Eggs – lightly beaten
- 4 ribs celery – finely chopped
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1/2 stick Butter - melted
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Sage
- Chicken Broth (at least 1 15 oz can, good to have a backup)
- Pre-heat oven 350, lightly spray 13 x 9 pan
- Crumble cornbread and biscuits together in a bowl; add butter, onions and celery, lightly mix together and add the 2 eggs, mix together to incorporate the eggs.
- Add salt & pepper to taste and the 1 tsp sage and mix together.
- Add a little broth at a time until mixture is wet but overly soaked.
- Taste to see if needs more sage, add a little at a time. (too much sage is not good) Once seasoning is good spread into pan and bake for 30-40 mins.
- Check after 20 mins to see if you need to add more broth.
- Don’t let it get too dry, spoon broth over dressing as needed.
- It’s done when it’s golden and firm.
NotesMy grandmother has made this dressing for Thanksgiving and Christmas for the last 50 years. I finally sat with her to write down the recipe. She makes it from memory so it was hard for her to give us the recipe to write down without actually making the dressing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More