- Cooking Time: 75
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 25
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium onion (about 5 1/2 ounces), thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2/3 cup)
- 6 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese (1 1/2 cups), divided
- 6 ounces diced ham (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 3 pounds peeled baking potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Combine milk, salt, pepper, and flour, stirring with a whisk. Add milk mixture to pan. Bring to a simmer; cook until slightly thick (about 2 minutes), stirring frequently. Add 4 ounces cheese and ham, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in potatoes.
- Place the potato mixture in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle potato mixture with remaining 2 ounces of cheese. Cover with foil coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until lightly browned and potatoes are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- PREP TIME 25 Min
- COOK TIME 1 Hour & 15 Min
- SERVINGS 8
NotesMY hubby love this dish, says I don't make it enough