- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ears corn, husked
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, cut the tip off cob. Cut the kernels from cob with a small paring knife. Using the back of the blade, scrape against the cob to press out the milky liquid.
- Whisk together sugar, flour, and salt and pepper, to taste. Combine with corn. Add the heavy cream and water. Mix.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat bacon grease. Add corn mixture and turn heat down to medium-low, stirring until it becomes creamy, about 30 minutes.
- Add the butter right before serving.
NotesThis is a recipe from The Neely's on the Food Network.