- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ears corn, husked
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, cut the tip off cob. Cut the kernels from cob with a small paring knife. Using the back of the blade, scrape against the cob to press out the milky liquid.
- Whisk together sugar, flour, and salt and pepper, to taste. Combine with corn. Add the heavy cream and water. Mix.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat bacon grease. Add corn mixture and turn heat down to medium-low, stirring until it becomes creamy, about 30 minutes.
- Add the butter right before serving.
NotesThis is a recipe from The Neely's on the Food Network.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
The Naked Macaron
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More