- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound okra
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- Peanut oil
- Wash okra and drain well.
- Remove tip and stem end; cut okra into 1/2 inch slices. Sprinkle okra with salt; add buttermilk, stirring until well coated.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes; then drain okra well.
- Dredge in corn meal.
- fry okra in Peanut oil at 375F until golden brown; drain on paper towels.
NotesI crave this recipe. I grew up with my Mom and sister making this from time to time. I'm truly a southern girl raised in California lol Peanut oil make it better and it has a high heat Volume
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More