- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound okra
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- Peanut oil
- Wash okra and drain well.
- Remove tip and stem end; cut okra into 1/2 inch slices. Sprinkle okra with salt; add buttermilk, stirring until well coated.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes; then drain okra well.
- Dredge in corn meal.
- fry okra in Peanut oil at 375F until golden brown; drain on paper towels.
NotesI crave this recipe. I grew up with my Mom and sister making this from time to time. I'm truly a southern girl raised in California lol Peanut oil make it better and it has a high heat Volume
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
A Falcon FeastSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More