- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound okra
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- Peanut oil
- Wash okra and drain well.
- Remove tip and stem end; cut okra into 1/2 inch slices. Sprinkle okra with salt; add buttermilk, stirring until well coated.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes; then drain okra well.
- Dredge in corn meal.
- fry okra in Peanut oil at 375F until golden brown; drain on paper towels.
NotesI crave this recipe. I grew up with my Mom and sister making this from time to time. I'm truly a southern girl raised in California lol Peanut oil make it better and it has a high heat Volume
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More