- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. peeled and de-veined shrimp, raw
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp season-salt or salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup cracker meal
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 365ºF.
- Mix egg, season-salt and buttermilk in shallow dish or bowl.
- Place shrimp in egg mixture.
- Mix flour, pepper, baking powder and cracker meal. Divide between two plates.
- Roll shrimp in first dish of flour mixture to cover. Re-dip in egg mixture to moisten again. Roll in second dish of flour mixture to coat again.
- Place shrimp in fryer until golden brown (about 2 1/2 minutes). Drain on paper towels.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More