- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. peeled and de-veined shrimp, raw
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp season-salt or salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup cracker meal
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 365ºF.
- Mix egg, season-salt and buttermilk in shallow dish or bowl.
- Place shrimp in egg mixture.
- Mix flour, pepper, baking powder and cracker meal. Divide between two plates.
- Roll shrimp in first dish of flour mixture to cover. Re-dip in egg mixture to moisten again. Roll in second dish of flour mixture to coat again.
- Place shrimp in fryer until golden brown (about 2 1/2 minutes). Drain on paper towels.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More