- Cooking Time: 20 or until liq. absorbs
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 30 min.
- 1 large can green beans (i like italian, but can use french, they absorb flavors more because they are thinner.
- 3 slices bacon (cooked, drained, and crumbled)
- 1/2 small onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar(or regular vinegar, you choice)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Put into skillet on stove and heat until is medium.
- Add the bacon and cook until bacon is crisp, remove to paper towels to drain, keep fat in skillet. Crumble when cooled.
- Add onions and saute until just lightly browned, watch closely will over cook.
- Add green beans (undrained)
- Add vinegar and cook on medium low until liquid is almost evaporated. (can hardly find any liquid) (careful not to burn)
- Serve with bacon sprinkled over green beans.
NotesI was raised on southern food, and this is one I love. My mom prepared this recipe as a side dish all the time. Its one of my favorite recipes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
The Social CookbookSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More