- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI got this from my friend Jenn as one of those recipe cards at my bridal shower. she got the recipe from her godmother
- 1/2 cup (15 oz.) pkg refrigerated pie crusts
- 28 caramels
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- chocolate dipped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Fit piecrust into 9 inch pie plate according to package directions.
- Fold edges under and crimp.
- Prick bottom and sides of piecrust with a fork.
- Bake piecrust at 400 deg. for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Combine caramels, butter, and 1/4 cup water in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until caramels and butter are melted.
- Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, stir together sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Stir into caramel mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake pie at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 20 more minutes, shielding edges of crust with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Remove pie to a wire rack to cool.
- Top with chocolate dipped pecans if desired.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Scalloped Potatoes And Ham
Fresh Summer Pasta Salad
H2ohh-my Bbq SauceSee More