- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup (15 oz.) pkg refrigerated pie crusts
- 28 caramels
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- chocolate dipped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Fit piecrust into 9 inch pie plate according to package directions.
- Fold edges under and crimp.
- Prick bottom and sides of piecrust with a fork.
- Bake piecrust at 400 deg. for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Combine caramels, butter, and 1/4 cup water in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until caramels and butter are melted.
- Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, stir together sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Stir into caramel mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake pie at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 20 more minutes, shielding edges of crust with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Remove pie to a wire rack to cool.
- Top with chocolate dipped pecans if desired.
NotesI got this from my friend Jenn as one of those recipe cards at my bridal shower. she got the recipe from her godmother
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Yummy Butternut Squash Soup
Meatball Stufeed Tomato
Zesty Party MixSee More