- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box of elbows or shells
- loads of extra sharp cheddar cheese-grated
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 6 large eggs
- Boil macaroni and drain (make sure it is cooked, not mushy, but cooked nicely....not al dente for this recipe). Toss back in pot add cheese and butter, salt and pepper mix together gently until cheese is melted. In a bowl mix the milk and eggs together pour Mac and cheese into buttered glass pan (you want to use a medium glass pan, the larger ones spread the Mac out too thin.....you want the Mac to pile at least 2-3 inches in the pan)
- then gently pour the egg and milk mixture over Mac and cheese, using a fork to let the mixture roll into the Mac (like when making quiche)
- Bake at 350 until bubbly and you can see the bottom side and edges turning lightly brown, pull out of oven top with lots more shredded cheddar and stick back in oven til melted and bubbly....do not let it get too browned.
- This is really really good it is not fancy, nor original.....but it's humble beginnings are probably where all the gourmet vibes sprang from......lol
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Black and White Cupcakes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
Barbecued BeefSee More