- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Dipping sauce
- 1 leek, cleaned and finely chopped (make sure to get all the dirt out of em.. it collects inside the layers
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- approx 1 ts fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1/4 c peanut oil
- salt (about 1/2 ts) depends on taste
- DO THIS FIRST!
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl and then set aside
- "Pickled" veggies
- 1 fresh daikon radish, peeled and cubed
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cubed
- 1 cucumber, washed and sliced
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar.
- Mix sugar and rice vinegar together.
- Pour over bowl full of veggies and let sit.
- You may need more of the vinegar mixture.
- Like I said, I didn't measure anything, so cook to your tastes.
- Boil chicken breasts until cooked and tender, slice into managable pieces.
- Serve sauce in a separate dipping bowl.
- Garnish plate with pickled veggies or serve in another separate little bowl.
- Serve with fried rice.
NotesThere is a restaurant in Tucson, AZ called "Cafe Pacific" that has my favourite dish of all time. It's called Southern Pacific Chicken. Unfortunately, I didn't get the recipe from them, so I had to fudge it. The flavours are about right, although I can't get the exact taste of the fried rice they serve with it.
When I make this, I don't measure anything, so this is guesswork and to your taste. I hope you enjoy it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Lau Family RecipesSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More