- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Dipping sauce
- 1 leek, cleaned and finely chopped (make sure to get all the dirt out of em.. it collects inside the layers
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- approx 1 ts fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1/4 c peanut oil
- salt (about 1/2 ts) depends on taste
- DO THIS FIRST!
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl and then set aside
- "Pickled" veggies
- 1 fresh daikon radish, peeled and cubed
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cubed
- 1 cucumber, washed and sliced
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar.
- Mix sugar and rice vinegar together.
- Pour over bowl full of veggies and let sit.
- You may need more of the vinegar mixture.
- Like I said, I didn't measure anything, so cook to your tastes.
- Boil chicken breasts until cooked and tender, slice into managable pieces.
- Serve sauce in a separate dipping bowl.
- Garnish plate with pickled veggies or serve in another separate little bowl.
- Serve with fried rice.
NotesThere is a restaurant in Tucson, AZ called "Cafe Pacific" that has my favourite dish of all time. It's called Southern Pacific Chicken. Unfortunately, I didn't get the recipe from them, so I had to fudge it. The flavours are about right, although I can't get the exact taste of the fried rice they serve with it.
When I make this, I don't measure anything, so this is guesswork and to your taste. I hope you enjoy it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mom's Cooking Secrets
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More