- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box (15 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 5 1/2 to 6 cups sliced peeled peaches (8 to 9 medium)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen whole raspberries or blackberries, thawed, drained and liquid reserved
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- In large bowl, gently mix peaches and lemon juice to coat.
- Gently stir in all remaining Filling ingredients.
- Spoon into crust-lined pan.
- Top with second crust; seal edge and flute.
- Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. After 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Cool at least 1 hour before serving.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- If necessary, add water to reserved raspberry liquid to measure 1/2 cup.
- Gradually stir liquid into sugar mixture.
- Cook, stirring contantly, over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Gently fold in raspberries; stir in almond extract.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- To serve, cut pie into wedges; place on individual dessert plates.
- Spoon sauce over pie.
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Taste of CenturyLink
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More