- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box (15 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 5 1/2 to 6 cups sliced peeled peaches (8 to 9 medium)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen whole raspberries or blackberries, thawed, drained and liquid reserved
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- In large bowl, gently mix peaches and lemon juice to coat.
- Gently stir in all remaining Filling ingredients.
- Spoon into crust-lined pan.
- Top with second crust; seal edge and flute.
- Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. After 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Cool at least 1 hour before serving.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- If necessary, add water to reserved raspberry liquid to measure 1/2 cup.
- Gradually stir liquid into sugar mixture.
- Cook, stirring contantly, over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Gently fold in raspberries; stir in almond extract.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- To serve, cut pie into wedges; place on individual dessert plates.
- Spoon sauce over pie.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
Mom's Cooking Secrets
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More