- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 quarts small peaches
- 6 small cinnamon sticks
- 4 cups white sugar
- 4 cups brown sugar
- 1 quart vinegar
- 6 teaspoons whole cloves
- Dip freestone peaches into boiling water to loosen skins.
- Clings must be peeled.
- Stick each peach with 2 to 4 cloves.
- Boil the sugar and vinegar together for 2 minutes.
- Put half the fruit into syrup and boil gently until tender.
- Put remaining half of fruit into syrup and boil until tender.
- Pack the peaches and cinnamon sticks into hot canning jars. Seal.
- Process in a simmering hot water-bath for 10 minutes.
- (Pickled peaches will last in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 weeks.)
NotesThen I was a kid pickled peaches were always on the menu at all family gatherings and holidays.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More