- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 quarts small peaches
- 6 small cinnamon sticks
- 4 cups white sugar
- 4 cups brown sugar
- 1 quart vinegar
- 6 teaspoons whole cloves
- Dip freestone peaches into boiling water to loosen skins.
- Clings must be peeled.
- Stick each peach with 2 to 4 cloves.
- Boil the sugar and vinegar together for 2 minutes.
- Put half the fruit into syrup and boil gently until tender.
- Put remaining half of fruit into syrup and boil until tender.
- Pack the peaches and cinnamon sticks into hot canning jars. Seal.
- Process in a simmering hot water-bath for 10 minutes.
- (Pickled peaches will last in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 weeks.)
NotesThen I was a kid pickled peaches were always on the menu at all family gatherings and holidays.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
My Mom's Stuffing (My preacher recipe)
Hot Italian 'Krash' StackSee More