- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 quarts small peaches
- 6 small cinnamon sticks
- 4 cups white sugar
- 4 cups brown sugar
- 1 quart vinegar
- 6 teaspoons whole cloves
- Dip freestone peaches into boiling water to loosen skins.
- Clings must be peeled.
- Stick each peach with 2 to 4 cloves.
- Boil the sugar and vinegar together for 2 minutes.
- Put half the fruit into syrup and boil gently until tender.
- Put remaining half of fruit into syrup and boil until tender.
- Pack the peaches and cinnamon sticks into hot canning jars. Seal.
- Process in a simmering hot water-bath for 10 minutes.
- (Pickled peaches will last in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 weeks.)
NotesThen I was a kid pickled peaches were always on the menu at all family gatherings and holidays.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More