- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 24 squares
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 box yellow cake mix (without pudding)
- 1/2 cup margarine, or butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (1 pound) box powered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- Mix cake mix,margarine,egg,pecans together.
- Spread in greased 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
- Set aside until topping is mixed.
- Combine powdered sugar, cream cheese,eggs, almond extract in small bowl.
- Mix well.
- Pour over cake mixture.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown.
NotesThis is a very old recipe that my grandmother made when I was child. I asked her where she got it, and she said it was handed down to her from her mother. This is a delicious, and easy cake and icing all in one pan! ( I often bring it as a pot luck.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
The Naked Macaron
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More