- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 24 squares
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 box yellow cake mix (without pudding)
- 1/2 cup margarine, or butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (1 pound) box powered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- Mix cake mix,margarine,egg,pecans together.
- Spread in greased 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
- Set aside until topping is mixed.
- Combine powdered sugar, cream cheese,eggs, almond extract in small bowl.
- Mix well.
- Pour over cake mixture.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown.
NotesThis is a very old recipe that my grandmother made when I was child. I asked her where she got it, and she said it was handed down to her from her mother. This is a delicious, and easy cake and icing all in one pan! ( I often bring it as a pot luck.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce