- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Whole Cut-up Chicken w/skin (1)
- Onion-White or Yellow (1)
- Celery Bunch
- Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits 4-pack (1)
- Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- Butter (1/2 stick)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place chicken w/skin in a tall boiling pan. Cover with water until about 1" over chicken. Add onion & celery pieces, 1/2 stick of butter. Salt and Pepper to taste. Bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Once chicken is done, remove the chicken and set aside to cool.
- Keep broth on stove top on low simmer. Piece apart your biscuits and coat with flour & add to broth. Debone the chicken and add to your broth. Continue to simmer until dumplings are done, approximately 45 minutes to and hour.
- To thicken the broth, simply take some flour in a cup and add COLD water and mix with a fork until blended well. Slowly add to simmering broth and stir. Continue this until you get the consistency you want. Be careful not to get it too thick, but if you do, simply add water and simmer until it's back to how you want it. If you do this, you may need to add another chicken bouillon cube so it does not taste too watery.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More