2 eggs, beaten with a fork
1 Cup cornmeal
1 Cup flour
1 Cup Milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 Cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 Cup corn (fresh, canned, or frozen if taken out of the freezer ahead of time so it's soft)
1. Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
2. Put all the ingredients, except for the corn, into a large bowl.
3. Beat the ingredients together with a big wooden spoon. The mixture should be smooth.
4. Stir in the corn and mix.
5. Grease 8"x8" pan with nonstick cooking spray or oil.
6. Pour mixture into the greased pan.
7. Bake in the oven for 25 or 30 minutes or until cornbread is light brown on top.
8. Remove bread from the oven, cut into 9 pieces, and serve warm.