- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1/3 cup plain corn meal
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 Sift first 5 ingredients.
- 2 Mix in last 3 ingredients just prior to frying.
- 3 Drop by teaspoon into deep heated fat.
- 4 Fry on all sides until golden brown.
- 5 Drain on paper towels.
NotesWhen I was about 4 or 5 year old, my late Mamaw fixed this recipe as a side dish to her "Fried Southern Catfish" recipe, which I have posted on here.
My mom asked me what I ate. I was so young that I couldn't say hush puppies, so I told her that I ate "Shut Up Puppies" - LOL
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Squash Recipes: Cookbook Club
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli FamilySee More
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY COOKIES
Tomato & Sweet Pepper SalsaSee More