- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 60
- 2 16 oz cans peeled whole tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can mild rotel
- 1 peeled diced yellow onion
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- minced garlic
- bay leaves
- cream of tartar
- salt baking soda
- 3 eggs
- Salmon patties
- 2 cans of salmon
- 1 egg
- 2/3 panko
- 1/3 crushed club crackers
- add 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- mix coarsely
- add 2 tblsp mayonaise 1 stick of softened butter 2 eggs and 1/3 cup of milk or buttermilk.
- use fingers and mix coarsely incorporating baking soda. set dough aside and chill.
- add vegetable oil and 2/3 cup of flour and stir with a wooden spoon over medium heat until "roux" is golden brown.
- add diced onion and rotel and simmer until wilted,
- crush whole tomatoes and add along with 2 cans of water from tomatoes.
- add 1/4tsp thyme
- 1tsb minced garlic and 2 bay leaves
- reduce heat and let the gravy simmer for at least an hour. (Remember to use a wooden spoon to do the stirring.)
- patt out chilled biscuit dough or roll into desired shaoe, place on greased baking sheet and bake @ 375 for 25-30 min (golden
- Salmon Patties
- remove salmon from can , and pick for bones and remove skin
- place in a bowl and add egg coarse sea salt, coarse ground black pepper and crushed club crackers
- take the Panko and put in a bowl, form patties or sticks from salmon mixture, coat on both sides with panko,
- skillet fry on both sides in olive oil.
- Plate with a open face biscuit, topped with 2 fried salmon patties and top with homemade dark tomato gravy and enjoy!
NotesThis is one of my Lovely wifes favorite comfort recipes! I Love preparing it for her.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking for a Cure
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More