SOUTHWEST'S BEST BANANA QUESADILLAS
- Cooking Time: 4 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: appx 1 hour
- 1 Lb.cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c.confectioners sugar
- 2 medium bananas,very ripe
- 10 7" flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 c caramel sauce(recipie follows)
- 4 med.bananas,for garnish
- whipped cream
- fresh mint
- caramel sauce:
- 1 C. sugar
- 1/2 C water
- 1 C heavy cream
- Combine sugar and water,bring to boil,stirring often.
- cook until deep brown color,and thick like syrup.10-15 min.
- remove from heat,stir in creamring to boil again until thick,appx.2-3 min.
mash the 2 ripe bananas
mix softened cream cheese with bananas,beat until smooth
spead 1/4 c mixture over 1/2 of tortilla,fold over and press slightly
continue this until all tortillas are done.
place on plate and cover with plastic wrap
refrigerate until set appx.30 min.
heat 1T butter and fry tortillas 3 at a time,2 min per side until brown
cut each into 3 pieces
spoon 1/4 C caramel sauce over each
garnish with sliced bananas,whipped cream,and mint.