- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThank you Barilla for finally bringing wagon wheel pasta to the Cincinnati area! I have looked high and low for wagon wheels for over a year and they were no where to be found! I look everytime I go grocery shopping and this past trip, there they were in the pasta section! Honestly, I was shocked when I spotted them!
I love Jenny's Picky Palate blog! She is the sweetest person and has awesome recipes! I found this on Pinterest and knew I was going to make it! OMGoodness, it is so good! I made a few changes and posted the recipe with my changes so you can check out her recipe on the link I provided!
The taste of this reminded me so much of the White Bean Chicken Chili that I make but it was also different in it's own way! Topping it with the sour cream made this so creamy and we loved it! Everything from the spices to the tomatoes, beans and corn, it married so well and it is an awesome dish! Actually, one of my favorite dishes now! Love it! Yum-Yum!
- 8 ounces dry wagon wheel pasta noodles
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet peppers or bell peppers (I made 1/2 cup each yellow, orange & green bell peppers)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast (I seasoned mine with Southwest seasoning while cooking chicken)
- 10 ounce can Rotel diced tomatoes, original
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup corn, fresh or canned, drained
- 15 ounce can white beans, (I didn't drain)
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry Ranch seasoning from packet
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- sour cream for garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in skillet. Season chicken and cook until juices run clear and temp is 165 degrees, 8-10 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and run under cool water to stop cooking.
- Heat oil in 9 inch deep cast iron skillet. Add onions and peppers, cook stirring until softened about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, broth, corn, beans, wagon wheel pasta, chili powder, cumin, Ranch seasoning and cilantro. Stir until well combined.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until ready to serve.
- Top with sour cream if desired.