SOUTHWEST CHICKEN SKILLET
- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Servings: 4
- 12 ounces of boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 - 15 ounce jar of salsa
- 3/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of chopped green sweet pepper
- 1/4 cup of sliced pitted ripe olives (optional)
- 1 cup of quick cooking rice
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar of Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 ounces green sweet pepper strips (optional)
Rinse the chicken, pat dry with paper towels. Cut the chicken into 1-inch strips.
In a large skillet cook and stir the chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender and no longer pink.
Stir in the salsa, chicken broth, chopped green pepper and if desired olives. Bring to boiling.
Stir in the rice. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let it stand for about 5 minutes or until the rice is tender. If desired, garnish with green pepper strips.