SOUTHWEST CHICKEN SKILLET
- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 12 ounces of boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 - 15 ounce jar of salsa
- 3/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of chopped green sweet pepper
- 1/4 cup of sliced pitted ripe olives (optional)
- 1 cup of quick cooking rice
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar of Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 ounces green sweet pepper strips (optional)
- Rinse the chicken, pat dry with paper towels. Cut the chicken into 1-inch strips.
- In a large skillet cook and stir the chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender and no longer pink.
- Stir in the salsa, chicken broth, chopped green pepper and if desired olives. Bring to boiling.
- Stir in the rice. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let it stand for about 5 minutes or until the rice is tender. If desired, garnish with green pepper strips.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More