- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lbs chicken legs with thigh
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 canned chipotle chilis
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces queso cheese, grated (monterrey jack ok)
- minced chipotle chili (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Place chicken in an ovenproof baking dish, and place in preheated oven, and bake for 25 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine milk, canned chipotles, garlic, cumin, onion powder, and salt in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- 4. Heat butter and flour in a large skillet and blend until smooth; add heavy cream and sour cream, whisking until smooth.
- 5. Stir in chipotle puree, and stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil and thickens; remove from heat.
- 6. After chicken has baked 25 minutes, remove from oven and drain any fat.
- 7. Pour chipotle cream over chicken and top with grated queso cheese.
- 8. Replace chicken in oven and bake for about 20 minutes more, or until cheese just starts to brown.
- 9. Remove from oven and serve with extra sauce spooned over chicken and garnished with minced chipotle chiles, if desired.
- 10. Goes good with steamed rice (and extra sauce on top
NotesAdjust the chiles to your taste: add as many as you can tolerate!
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More