- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lbs chicken legs with thigh
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 canned chipotle chilis
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces queso cheese, grated (monterrey jack ok)
- minced chipotle chili (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Place chicken in an ovenproof baking dish, and place in preheated oven, and bake for 25 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine milk, canned chipotles, garlic, cumin, onion powder, and salt in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- 4. Heat butter and flour in a large skillet and blend until smooth; add heavy cream and sour cream, whisking until smooth.
- 5. Stir in chipotle puree, and stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil and thickens; remove from heat.
- 6. After chicken has baked 25 minutes, remove from oven and drain any fat.
- 7. Pour chipotle cream over chicken and top with grated queso cheese.
- 8. Replace chicken in oven and bake for about 20 minutes more, or until cheese just starts to brown.
- 9. Remove from oven and serve with extra sauce spooned over chicken and garnished with minced chipotle chiles, if desired.
- 10. Goes good with steamed rice (and extra sauce on top
NotesAdjust the chiles to your taste: add as many as you can tolerate!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More