SOUTHWEST CORN AND BLACK BEAN SALAD
Southwest Corn and Black Bean Salad
The other night I was just wanting southwest food. I thought what would go into a cold salad and this is what I just came up with. No other sources or recipes were used. I hope I got it somewhat ri.. Read More
- Cooking Time: 0 mins
- Servings: many
- Preparation Time: 20 mins
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice (cook according the package directions; I used Arborio rice as I like that better, but any rice can be used)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans; drained and washed
- 1 can (15.25 oz) corn; drained
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 roma tomatoes; diced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup southwestern salsa
- 2 Tbsp green chiles (either from a can, or fresh chopped)
Dice up the avocado and add lime juice, mix to coat. Refrigerate. (it helps the avocado not to turn brown while preparing the rest of the salad)
Mix together all ingredients and chill until ready to eat.
The other night I was just wanting southwest food. I thought what would go into a cold salad and this is what I just came up with. No other sources or recipes were used. I hope I got it somewhat right! Creating is half the fun of cooking, the other half is the eating.
No Reviews at this time.