- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
BackstoryMy changes to a recipe put out by Philadelphia Cream Cheese called Over-the-border shrimp Enchiladas.
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 4oz can crab meat
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chilies
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 ground cumin
- 1 8oz pkg Philadelphia cream cheese, cubed
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 9 0z shredded monterey Jack cheese
- 4 oz grated cotija cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender.
- Add Shrimp, green chilies,chili powder,cumin, salt.
- Cook until shrimp turns pink.
- Stir in cubes cream cheese until melted.
- Turn off pan.
- Grease 13 by 9 baking dish
- Put 1/3 shrimp mixture down in center of tortilla
- Top with some crab, and monterey jack cheese
- Roll up and put seam side down.
- Top with salsa, sprinkle monterey jack cheese, and cotija cheese