- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 8 oz. elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 oz.) can corn
- 1/2 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, green pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomatoes, kidney beans and corn; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Toss with hot macaroni; sprinkle with Pepper Jack cheese.
NotesThis is a spicy skillet dinner that I found on Mueller's. Although the recipe doesn't call for it, you could probably also add ground beef (I followed the original recipe).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More