SOUTHWEST SKILLET DINNER
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 8 oz. elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 oz.) can corn
- 1/2 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, green pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin and salt.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Add tomatoes, kidney beans and corn; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
Toss with hot macaroni; sprinkle with Pepper Jack cheese.
Website Credit: http://www.muellerspasta.com