- Cooking Time: about 25 minutes
- Preparation Time: about 15 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. chopped green pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. salt*
- 1 cup corn chips*
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese*
In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink and drain.
Add beans, tomatoes, rice, water, green pepper, and seasonings; mix well and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat; sprinkle with corn chips and cheese; cover and let stand for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Website Credit: http://www.allrecipes.com