- Cooking Time: 55min
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15min
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1 can of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Cook ground beef and onion until done.
- 2 In a large pan add beef, onion, tomatoes, beans, corn, potatoes, picante sauce, broth, cumin, salt and pepper to taste, and garlic powder. Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- you can brown the beef and then throw everything in a slow cooker and simmer all day.
NotesI love stews, especially in chilly weather :O)
This is a easy trow together meal.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More