- Cooking Time: 55min
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15min
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1 can of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 Cook ground beef and onion until done.
2 In a large pan add beef, onion, tomatoes, beans, corn, potatoes, picante sauce, broth, cumin, salt and pepper to taste, and garlic powder. Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
you can brown the beef and then throw everything in a slow cooker and simmer all day.