- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 8 medium green peppers
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (5.4 oz.) envelope Mexican-style rice and pasta mix (I used 2 envelopes)
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shreded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds.
- In a Dutch oven, cook peppers in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes; drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink and drain; add the diced tomatoes, water and pasta mix.
- Bing to a boil; reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Placed 1/3 cup rice mixtue in each pepper; sprinkle each with 2 Tbsp. of cheese; top with remaining rice mixture.
- Place in a greased 13 X 9-inch baking dish; cover and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes; sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted and peppers are tender.
NotesI found this recipe 'Simple & Delicious' magazine, and was submitted by Karen Coleman of Columbia, South Carolina. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture due to a camera that needs to be repaired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Austin Personal Training Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More