- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 15 oz cans of chickpeas, (drained, reserving liquid)
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup of tahini
- 1/4 lime juice (best if fresh)
- 1/2 chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sliced jalapeno chilies (or more if you like it hot.)
- Olive Oil
- Tortilla Chips
- With food processor running, drop garlic cloves to chop.
- Remove seeds and vein from jalapenos and drop into the food processor (leave seeds for more heat if desired).
- Scrape down the sides. Add chickpeas, tahini, lime juice and a small amount (1/4 cup?) of chickpea liquid. Blend until almost smooth, adding more liquid as needed for desired consistancy.
- Add cilantro and blend briefly.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
NotesThis is my version of a similiar recipe that I found on the internet. Goes great with tortilla chips.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More