- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 15 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- sour cream for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, brown shredded chicken in butter or margarine. Add onions, jalapeno peppers, garlic, basil and oregano. Then add the spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce and salsa/picante sauce. Stir all together.
- Cover skillet and simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- In a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish, place a layer of tortillas, then a layer of the chicken/sauce mixture, then a layer of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice, then top casserole with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, until cheese is bubbly.
NotesYummy! This dish is cheesy and creamy! Our local grocery store had Rotisserie Chicken on sale for $4.99 and I had a $3.00 off coupon so I decided to make this recipe with that and spent $1.99 on the chicken! Great deal! I like this recipe because it uses tortilla's instead of the traditional lasagna noodles! As you can see from the picture, I use chunky spaghetti sauce and salsa and I highly recommend it! I read some reviews on this recipe and one person added some tomato sauce to the bottom of the casserole dish before starting the first layer of tortilla's to help them stay fresh and that's exactly what I did and it worked great! We also tried sour cream as a topping and it was wonderful!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More