- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, sliced (I used red)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 links chipotle chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup corn
- Heat oil in a saute pan.
- Cook onions and bell pepper until tender.
- Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken slices and brown on both sides.
- Add diced tomatoes, black beans, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer long enough that ingredients meld and you get the flavor you want.
- Add additional spices or salt and pepper as necessary.
- Stir in corn (I used frozen) and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- We had this over brown rice.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More