- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, sliced (I used red)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 links chipotle chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup corn
- Heat oil in a saute pan.
- Cook onions and bell pepper until tender.
- Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken slices and brown on both sides.
- Add diced tomatoes, black beans, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer long enough that ingredients meld and you get the flavor you want.
- Add additional spices or salt and pepper as necessary.
- Stir in corn (I used frozen) and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- We had this over brown rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More