Southwestern Corn and Black Bean Salad
1. 3 large ears of corn, husked
2. 1/3 cup pine nuts
3. 1/4 cup lime juice
4. 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
5. 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
6. 1/2 teaspoon salt
7. Freshly ground pepper to taste
8. 2 (14.5 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed
9. 2 cups shredded red cabbage (see Tip)
10. 1 large tomato, diced
11. 1/2 cup minced red onion
1. Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add corn, cover and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cobs using a sharp knife.
2. Meanwhile, place pine nuts in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat and cook, stirring, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
3. Whisk lime juice, oil, cilantro, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the corn, pine nuts, beans, cabbage, tomato and onion; toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.