- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1. 3 large ears of corn, husked
- 2. 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 3. 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4. 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5. 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6. 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7. Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8. 2 (14.5 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed
- 9. 2 cups shredded red cabbage (see Tip)
- 10. 1 large tomato, diced
- 11. 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1. Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add corn, cover and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cobs using a sharp knife.
- 2. Meanwhile, place pine nuts in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat and cook, stirring, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- 3. Whisk lime juice, oil, cilantro, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the corn, pine nuts, beans, cabbage, tomato and onion; toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More