- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Grilled chicken breast - chopped to very small pieces (I often use the precooked Perdue Shortcut Grilled Chicken pieces to save time)
- 2 tablespoons green onion - chopped to very small pieces
- 2 tablespoons roasted red bell pepper - chopped to very small pieces
- 1/3 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 or 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers (depends on your taste) - chopped to very small pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon cilantro - chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 5 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- oil for deep frying
- Heat about 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in green onion and red pepper.
- Cook and stir 5 minutes, until tender.
- Dice chicken into small pieces and mix into the pan with onion and red pepper.
- Mix in corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Cook and stir 5 minutes, until well blended and tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in Monterey Jack cheese so that it melts.
- Wrap tortillas with a clean, lightly moist cloth and microwave on high approximately 1 minute, or until hot and pliable.
- Spoon even amounts of the mixture into each tortilla.
- Fold in the sides of the tortillas, then roll tightly.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Arrange in a medium dish, cover with plastic, and place in the freezer. Freeze at least 4 hours.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat oil for deep frying to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Deep fry frozen, stuffed tortillas 10 minutes each, or until dark golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Cut on a diagonal and serve.
NotesThis recipe is similar to the Southwestern Eggrolls served at Chili's. I originally found this recipe on another recipe website, but have made some substitutions and adjustments. Here is my version.
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More