- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Grilled chicken breast - chopped to very small pieces (I often use the precooked Perdue Shortcut Grilled Chicken pieces to save time)
- 2 tablespoons green onion - chopped to very small pieces
- 2 tablespoons roasted red bell pepper - chopped to very small pieces
- 1/3 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 or 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers (depends on your taste) - chopped to very small pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon cilantro - chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 5 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- oil for deep frying
- Heat about 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in green onion and red pepper.
- Cook and stir 5 minutes, until tender.
- Dice chicken into small pieces and mix into the pan with onion and red pepper.
- Mix in corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Cook and stir 5 minutes, until well blended and tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in Monterey Jack cheese so that it melts.
- Wrap tortillas with a clean, lightly moist cloth and microwave on high approximately 1 minute, or until hot and pliable.
- Spoon even amounts of the mixture into each tortilla.
- Fold in the sides of the tortillas, then roll tightly.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Arrange in a medium dish, cover with plastic, and place in the freezer. Freeze at least 4 hours.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat oil for deep frying to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Deep fry frozen, stuffed tortillas 10 minutes each, or until dark golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Cut on a diagonal and serve.
NotesThis recipe is similar to the Southwestern Eggrolls served at Chili's. I originally found this recipe on another recipe website, but have made some substitutions and adjustments. Here is my version.
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More