- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb ground meatless (I recommend Boca's version)
- 1 1/4 oz package taco seasoning mix (I recommend El Paso has a reduced sodium version)
- 2 cups salsa
- 4 cups tomato sauce or tomato juice
- 15 oz black beans, drained
- 2 cups instant rice
- Cook tmeatless and taco seasoning together in soup pan/Dutch oven over med. heat until fully heated.
- Add salsa, tomato sauce and black beans. Bring to boil.
- Add rice, making sure rice is covered with liquid.
- Turn off heat and stir.
- Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- You can serve this as a dip with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream. As a main dish you can serve it with flour tortillas. I recommend serving it with cornbread.
NotesYou can serve this as a dip with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream. As a main dish you can serve it with flour tortillas. I recommend serving it with cornbread.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Recipes for Vitality
Decadent Desserts Made FromSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More