- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 15 oz cans of chickpeas, (drained, reserving liquid)
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup of tahini
- 1/4 lime juice (best if fresh)
- 1/2 chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sliced jalapeno chilies (or more if you like it hot.)
- Olive Oil
- Tortilla Chips
- With food processor running, drop garlic cloves to chop.
- Remove seeds and vein from jalapenos and drop into the food processor (leave seeds for more heat if desired).
- Scrape down the sides. Add chickpeas, tahini, lime juice and a small amount (1/4 cup?) of chickpea liquid. Blend until almost smooth, adding more liquid as needed for desired consistancy.
- Add cilantro and blend briefly.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
NotesThis is my version of a similiar recipe that I found on the internet. Goes great with tortilla chips.