- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryYears ago I started making Mexican-Style Lasagna from a recipe found in Everyday Food. I've made a few changes....to suit my families tastes and figured I'd better record it somewhere so I can remember what I did that was so successful. Even my husband wanted some the next day and he's extremely anti-leftover.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, seasoned with mexican seasoning or salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, cumin, paprika
- 1 zucchini, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno (or to taste)
- 2 avocados, sliced thin
- 8 corn tortillas cut into 4ths, like a pie
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained
- 1 15 oz jar of salsa
- 6 oz Cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- 6 oz mozzarella or jack cheese (or to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 425' F
- Once your chicken breasts have marinated for a bit, saute them in a hot skillet until cooked through. Let cool, then slice thinly
- Saute the zucchini in the same pan that the chicken cooked in, until crisp tender
- Combine the zucchini, cilantro, onions and jalapenos
- Spray an 8x8 casserole dish with cooking spray, or oil it
- Line the bottom with half of the tortillas
- Layer half of the black beans half of the chicken, then half of the green mixture (zucchini, etc), of the avocado, salsa and cheese.
- Top with the remaining tortillas and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover with tin foil and back for about 25 or 30 minutes. (If your dish is really full, it might be recommended to place it on a cookie sheet prior to setting it in the oven.)
- Remove the foil and continue baking for another 15 or 20 minutes, until nice and golden.
- Let it cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean paste
Lamb Loin Chops with Mushroom Marsala SauceSee More