- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, seasoned with mexican seasoning or salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, cumin, paprika
- 1 zucchini, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno (or to taste)
- 2 avocados, sliced thin
- 8 corn tortillas cut into 4ths, like a pie
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained
- 1 15 oz jar of salsa
- 6 oz Cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- 6 oz mozzarella or jack cheese (or to taste)
Preheat the oven to 425' F
Once your chicken breasts have marinated for a bit, saute them in a hot skillet until cooked through. Let cool, then slice thinly
Saute the zucchini in the same pan that the chicken cooked in, until crisp tender
Combine the zucchini, cilantro, onions and jalapenos
Spray an 8x8 casserole dish with cooking spray, or oil it
Line the bottom with half of the tortillas
Layer half of the black beans half of the chicken, then half of the green mixture (zucchini, etc), of the avocado, salsa and cheese.
Top with the remaining tortillas and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Cover with tin foil and back for about 25 or 30 minutes. (If your dish is really full, it might be recommended to place it on a cookie sheet prior to setting it in the oven.)
Remove the foil and continue baking for another 15 or 20 minutes, until nice and golden.
Let it cool for about 10 minutes before serving.