- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryFirst of all I'd like to say Happy 2nd Blogiversary to Fisch Foods!!! That's right, we've been sharing the recipes that we make in our very own kitchen for two whole years now. What a better way to celebrate then to share our most recent 5 fish rated discovery.
Ryan found this recipe and we've made it a few times this month. It's a perfect Sunday afternoon munchie. I think it's safe to say that this is going to be one that we make on a regular basis. When you read the ingredients you'll see it's got all the good stuff, and I think that the fresh veggies just make it taste refreshing.
It even got two thumbs up from Mama Ellen (Ryan's Mom). Her and I both really loved the fresh avocados.
- 1 16-ounce can nonfat refried beans, preferably “spicy”
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño slices, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack, or Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup canned sliced black olives, (optional)
- Combine refried beans, black beans, scallions, salsa, cumin, chili powder and jalapeños in a medium bowl. Transfer to a shallow 2-quart microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Microwave on High until the cheese is melted and the beans are hot, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spread sour cream evenly over the hot bean mixture, then scatter with lettuce, tomato, avocado and olives (if using).