- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 - 1/2 pounds green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- about 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- salt to taste
- Rinse and drain green beans; trim and discard stem ends. In each of two 12 - by 17 - inch baking pan, mix half the beans with half the oil; spread and level.
- Bake in a 450 F oven until beans are slightly browned and tender when pierced, 15 to 25 minutes.
- Stir half the nuts and butter into beans in each pan; continue baking until pine nuts are golden, 50 to 6 minutes longer. Pour into a bowl, add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne and mix well. Taste and add more cayenne and salt if desired.
NotesI love green beans but haven't had found a recipe that wasn't the same ole same ole..you know green bean casserole or pour lemon juice on it.I wanted something different so after searching I found this and loved it!! I leave out the Pine nuts and if you want try can green beans but for me it didn't turn out so if you had success with it please let me know and tell me and the others here about it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More