- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Pineapple Salsa:
- 1 15 ounce can pineapple tidbits packed in juice, drained
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 5 ounce package yellow rice, prepared according to package directions
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa (optional)
- 4 red leaf lettuce leaves
- Pineapple Salsa: Combine all ingredients. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Wraps: Divide yellow rice, black beans, pineapple salsa and tomato salsa (if desired) evenly among the 4 lettuce leaves. Fold in the sides of the lettuce and roll up.
- I did not use the tomato salsa, I found the pineapple salsa was best by itself. Enjoy!
NotesGreat meatless meal. Low fat and calories, good source of fiber.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More