- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Pineapple Salsa:
- 1 15 ounce can pineapple tidbits packed in juice, drained
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 5 ounce package yellow rice, prepared according to package directions
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa (optional)
- 4 red leaf lettuce leaves
- Pineapple Salsa: Combine all ingredients. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Wraps: Divide yellow rice, black beans, pineapple salsa and tomato salsa (if desired) evenly among the 4 lettuce leaves. Fold in the sides of the lettuce and roll up.
- I did not use the tomato salsa, I found the pineapple salsa was best by itself. Enjoy!
NotesGreat meatless meal. Low fat and calories, good source of fiber.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More