- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup stick margarine (room temp)
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 (12oz) block firm silken tofu (mori nu)
- 1 ½ tablespoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ cups miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream the sugars, shortening and margarine for 5 minutes.
- Puree tofu and vanilla in blender or processor until smooth.
- Add pureed tofu to the cream mixture and mix well.
- In separate bowl, mix flours, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix until flour just disappears.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Make cookie dough balls and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11 minutes.
NotesI whipped these up today for my little sister... she'll never be able to guess they aren't the usual suspects!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
The Social Cookbook
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More