- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup stick margarine (room temp)
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 (12oz) block firm silken tofu (mori nu)
- 1 ½ tablespoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ cups miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream the sugars, shortening and margarine for 5 minutes.
- Puree tofu and vanilla in blender or processor until smooth.
- Add pureed tofu to the cream mixture and mix well.
- In separate bowl, mix flours, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix until flour just disappears.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Make cookie dough balls and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11 minutes.
NotesI whipped these up today for my little sister... she'll never be able to guess they aren't the usual suspects!