- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 tablespooons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 6-ounce pieces white fish fillet (such as cod or halibut)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon canola oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds small zucchini and summer squash (about 4 total), thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1. Heat broiler. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, and ginger; set aside.
- 2. Place the fish on a foil-lined broilerproof rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the oil and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Broil until the fish is opaque throughout, 5 to 7 minutes, basting with the soy mixture twice during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- 3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, squash, crushed red pepper, if using, and ½ teaspoon salt and cook, tossing frequently, until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes; fold in the mint. Serve with the fish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Adventures in Cooking
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More