- Cooking Time: 20 to 30 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
BackstoryThe first time I made this was in a dinner club we had through Welcome Wagon. This was for our Oktoberfest dinner
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 to 3/4 cups water
- bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese in the green can (fresh parm does not work, too gummy)
- Sift flour and salt into bowl.
- Add egg and mix.
- Add water gradually till batter is stiff but smooth. (you can use food processor)
- **Press dough out flat with a plate or rolling pin.
- Scrape small pieces of dough off and drop in boiling salted water.
- **Or you can scrape over a cheese grater right into water.
- **Or you can push through a colander or ricer.
- Boil only 1 layer at a time approx. 5 minutes.
- Remove from water with a slotted spoon and drain.
- Saute in butter with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.