- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 tteaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 2 16-oz. cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 16-oz. pkg. thin spaghetti, cooked
- 1 to 2 teaspoons butter
- 8-oz. pkg. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 onions, chopped
- In a stockpot over medium heat, brown ground beef, onions and garlic; drain. Add spices; cook and stir for several minutes. Stir in juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Stir in beans; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally; set aside. Toss hot spaghetti with butter. To serve, ladle chili over spaghetti. Top with cheese,onion, & sour cream, serve with oyster crackers.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
NotesMy Daddy loved chili topped of his spaghetti or elbow mac.
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More