- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 12 strips uncooked bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 26 oz jar Classico Pasta Sauce (or other favorite brand, or homemade)
- 1 ¼ Cups half and half (can also use regular milk)
- ¼ Cup parmesan cheese
- 1 Box thin spaghetti noodles (I love Barilla’s whole wheat noodles)
- 1. Cook bacon in a large dutch oven or large pot over medium heat until browned and crisped.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Set aside.
- Discard all but 2 Tbsp’s of bacon grease.
- Saute onion in remaining bacon grease for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add beef, salt and pepper; crumble beef and cook until browned, about 5-8 more minutes.
- Stir in cooked bacon pieces.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in pasta sauce, half and half, and parmesan cheese.
- Stir to combine; cover with lid and let simmer for at least 20 minutes, or up to an hour.
- 2. Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions.
- Spoon noodles onto a large plate and pour sauce right on top.
- Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More