- Servings: 6
- 12 strips uncooked bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 26 oz jar Classico Pasta Sauce (or other favorite brand, or homemade)
- 1 ¼ Cups half and half (can also use regular milk)
- ¼ Cup parmesan cheese
- 1 Box thin spaghetti noodles (I love Barilla’s whole wheat noodles)
1. Cook bacon in a large dutch oven or large pot over medium heat until browned and crisped.
With a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
Discard all but 2 Tbsp’s of bacon grease.
Saute onion in remaining bacon grease for 5 minutes, or until softened.
Add beef, salt and pepper; crumble beef and cook until browned, about 5-8 more minutes.
Stir in cooked bacon pieces.
Reduce heat to low and stir in pasta sauce, half and half, and parmesan cheese.
Stir to combine; cover with lid and let simmer for at least 20 minutes, or up to an hour.
2. Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions.
Spoon noodles onto a large plate and pour sauce right on top.
Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese if desired.