- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 package of sliced mushrooms
- 6-7 chopped carrots
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 & 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- A few sprinkles of oregano
- A few sprinkles of basil
- A few grinds of fresh black pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 c. low-fat milk
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese
Brown the ground meat in a high sided skillet (about 6 or 7 minutes). Add in the onion, cook until softened (about 3 minutes). Add the garlic and oregano, mushrooms, carrots and cook a few minutes, until the carrots are tender. Add in the Italian stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil and fresh ground pepper. Let simmer about 10 minutes. At this point, you can cook the spaghetti and it will be done about the same time as the pasta sauce!
Uncover and add in the milk. Cook about 2 minutes until flavors are well blended. Top with Parmesan cheese.