- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 9 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 6 oz uncooked spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 (26 oz.) jar meatless spaghetti sauce (I added ground sirloin)
- 2 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 8 oz part-skim ricotta cheese (I substituted Cottage cheese)
- 1 (8 oz.) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (I substituted 2 tsp. garlic powder)
- 12 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced (I substituted 1 tsp. dried basil)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 3 cups shredded part- skim Mozzarella cheese, divided (I used regular)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions and drain.
- Add butter or margarine and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat.
- In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, green pepper and tomatoes; in a blender, process the ricotta cheese until pureed; add to the spaghetti sauce mixture.
- Stir in the mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, oregano and 1 ½ cups Mozzarella cheese; add the spaghetti; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 13 X 9-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through.
NotesThis is a delicious recipe that I found on Allrecipes. It was submitted by Kathy Bence of Edmond, Washington.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More