- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 9 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 6 oz uncooked spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 (26 oz.) jar meatless spaghetti sauce (I added ground sirloin)
- 2 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 8 oz part-skim ricotta cheese (I substituted Cottage cheese)
- 1 (8 oz.) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (I substituted 2 tsp. garlic powder)
- 12 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced (I substituted 1 tsp. dried basil)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 3 cups shredded part- skim Mozzarella cheese, divided (I used regular)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions and drain.
- Add butter or margarine and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat.
- In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, green pepper and tomatoes; in a blender, process the ricotta cheese until pureed; add to the spaghetti sauce mixture.
- Stir in the mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, oregano and 1 ½ cups Mozzarella cheese; add the spaghetti; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 13 X 9-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through.
NotesThis is a delicious recipe that I found on Allrecipes. It was submitted by Kathy Bence of Edmond, Washington.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More