- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThey say it feeds 3 large dogs & 1 person.
BakeSpace Note: Please keep in mind that some experts express concern that homemade pet food may not contain the optimal combination of nutrients (amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals) that pets require for long-term health. Your pet’s species, breed, age and any existing medical problems should be considered before preparing a homemade meal. Please consult your veterinarian for more information.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground meat (beef, venison)
- 1 pkg. spaghetti noodles
- 1 can tomato sauce (no salt!)
- 1/2 can olives
- 1 small can mushrooms
- Spices to taste (basil, oregano, garlic & pepper- no onions, except for human portion!)
- 2-3 cups frozen veggies (I use broccoli, carrots & cauliflower)
- Olive oil
- oil water & 2 tsp. olive oil. Add noodles when boiling. Boil just a few tablespoons water in another pot, add frozen veggies, boil about 15 minutes and remove. Brown meat, seasoning with basil, oregano, a little pepper and a little garlic. Add tomato sauce, mushrooms & cut up olives. Remove 3/4 of meat mixture into three dog dishes to cool. Add more garlic & spices (onions if you wish) to remaining mixture to taste, and let simmer. Rinse noodles under cool water, divide equally into four bowls. Add remaining sauce to human portion. Serve with cooked veggies.