- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Spaghetti Sauce:
- 1 lrg (like 28 oz?) and 1 med (like 15 oz) can of tomato sauce (I use Hunts)
- 1 lrg can whole tomatoes (smash with fingers or cut up)
- 1 sm can of tomato paste
- 1/2 onion diced fine
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 scant tsp red pepper
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 cans (use paste can) of water (I probably only put in a little over one can, it makes it a little thicker)
- 1 LB. gr. beef
- 1 lb. gr. pork
- 2 slices white bread (soaked in milk, don't squeeze)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- -Mix everything together in bowl (use your hands, it works the best). Form into medium sized balls and brown well in skillet over med-high heat.
- Add meatballs to sauce and simmer, partially covered, for 2-3 (the longer, the better) hours.
NotesMy Mom has been making this recipe for years. It has always been one of my favorite meals and now I make it for my family. They won't eat store bought sauce anymore. We have a Spaghetti & meatball night to kick-off the NCAA basketball tournament every year.
This sauce is even better the next day. So if you can make it one day and serve it the next that's great. Add a nice salad and garlic bread and you have a fabulous meal.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Nick's PicksSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More